The Sofilantjes’ Foliis pattern is amazing and wonderful and I love it! It’s quick and easy and makes such a lovely little jacket. I tested both the long jacket and the cropped jacket. Read more about them here.
As I was testing the cropped version, I had somewhat of a styling crisis. I could not figure out what I wanted to pair with this cute little cropped jacket. I liked the look of the cropped jacket with the Gemini, but I also wanted to try another look. A simple dress, maybe…
I found a bit of grey fleece that matched the dark grey in the elephants and a bit of light grey ribbing that matched the light grey in the elephants. I did a little experiment and came up with this. A slightly modified version of Option C of the Foliis Dress.
It pairs perfectly with the jacket, and Buttercup gets her beloved pockets.
This is a really simple modification. It only requires a little bit of extra ribbing for the neck. And no zippers or closures, this little thing slips right on over the head.
Here’s how to make one of your very own:
1. Use the same pattern pieces as required for the Option C dress
- Bodice front, cut on waistline
- Bodice back, cut on waistline
- Skirt front, with pockets cut out
- Skirt back
- Pocket piece
- Pocket facing
- Pocket ribbing
- Extra ribbing for neckband xx” (length) x 2″ (width)
- Length from center front to center back x 2
- total length x 80% (or .8)
- Example from dress shown:
- 8.75in. x 2 = 17.5in.
- 17.5in. x .8 = 14in (total length of neckband)
- Finish the sleeves by hemming with a zigzag stitch, double needle, or finish with a cuff using the same technique we used for the neckband.
- Note: In Step 52 you may use a serger to attach the bodice and skirt since there is no zipper.